Monday, August 29, 2011

Another Reunion Dinner

About 2 months later, my 2nd reunion dinner with the B.O.N.E.S. gang was finally held. Honestly, I wasn't really thinking about having a dinner with them considering that some of us might not make it due to working, studying and other not-so-convincing-excuses, our plan is occasionally break into pieces and pretend it never happened before. With the entire previous experiences sum up together, I’d rather save my energy for a rather simple occasion until Pai Kai suggested the idea of reunion dinner instead. Magically, everyone was free from the ice once I invited them via texting.

Despite the number of B.O.N.E.S. gang is 7, an additional “guest” joined our dinner as well, Gavin, my younger cousin, who visited me at the very same day for his Hari Raya holiday. It was actually a last minute plan when all of us nodded our heads; none of us had any idea where to eat or what time to go. Some of us including me would love to have a nice steamboat dinner at Mahkota like how we did during Pai Kai’s last birthday. While for some, they never uttered a word. Eventually, the venue was set at near Sunway, which is quite a distance from where we live (about 30-60 minutes apart).

Anyhow, we followed the exact same footstep like our first reunion dinner; Pai Kai, Tiong Hong, Jun Meng, Gavin and I all bucked into one car while Lee Cheng, Kah Chin and Wen Sern went on another. And in the name of Jesus, same thing happened again as we were lost on the way, but it wasn’t that worse if I compared with our original “tragedy”, at least we managed to catch up with them a few minutes or so later on. However, a new stupidity mistake is introduced; we went to WRONG restaurant. We set off at 6:30 evening; somehow, it took us almost 2 hours to get there.

The restaurant we went is a buffet steamboat as well as BBQ. Immediately after we took our seats, the lady boss set up the steamboat utensils for us, surprisingly, all of them turned out to be new sets. With only a few seconds while waiting for the soup to boil, some of us couldn’t bear themselves and rush to grab every kind of steamboat ingredient.


The BBQ souce


I was quite surprised when I realized they provide ice cream service as well


Dinner is served!


After dinner...

... cost us about RM214.

1 comments:

FreedomWen said...

Helluva dinner night! The only thing I truly enjoy there is the lamb chop BBQ sauce and ice-cream. Oh and our bullcrap as usual. Haha!

The worst part is where PK put something to my nose and paying extra. +_+ Guess I'm a little stingy.