Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Welcome to Office World

Working in an office wasn't really that fun as what I had thought earlier, it was rather boring and somehow, would bring you the thought of “life, is shit” when you present to your office every single day.

 A month ago, I first stepped in the office world working as a part time admin clerk in Cavenzi Design Company under Special Task Department, which also fairly known as High Quarter office. Yeah, I know, the name sounds like a department that meant for experts, but don’t get the wrong idea, on the inside, it has nothing really “special” at all, in fact, I bet even a primary student could handle my tasks very easily like 123.

By the time I joined in, two of my friends, Harry and Emily, were officially became my co-workers. Harry was assigned to Audit Department, where else, Emily was in ABC Department along with Nina, who joined  in last. So, I wasn't alone after all although I always chose not to hang out with them during work.
This is my desk and some paperworks

Initially, my office only ran by two staffs, Mrs. Lee and myself. Despite Mrs. Lee’s age is older than me and also a mother; we get along quite well and willing to share our background stories at times. On top of that, Harry happens to be one of her relatives. Weeks later, two more staffs were added in; Uncle Tai and Rosmeri. They are all married and have children of their own, making me the youngest staff in that department. Pity me for working with a group of seniors? Not really, I had so much fun instead. Uncle Tai may be just another ordinary man you see at the street. Truthfully, I described him as a softcore gamer; he is addicted to Facebook games like Ultimate Avengers and Hidden Chronicles. Same thing goes to Rosmeri, she is fun and we mostly would joke about stupid things just to reduce boredom even though she is Malay.
Kumar, another favourite friend of mine who came from Nepal :)
Well, this is my second desk and lousy computer when I switched to ABC Department

So, what does an admin clerk do? Well, most of our tasks are quite simple, yet, complicated for beginners. Our tasks involved with checking bills and amounts, key in reports, file in, and sometimes, we had to call warehouse or showroom. Due to Cavenzi is a "Satu Malaysia" company, Bahasa Malaysia temporary became my first language during work, kinda stress, though.

0 comments: