Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jade Empire

It took me 3 months to finished this game, but it wasnt because the game is long, it's due to my laziness to complete it, lol.

Jade Empire is the father of Mass Effect since both of them were born from the same company, Bioware. According to Wen Sern's description on Mass Effect, yes, both of the games do have similarity in their own ways.

Same as other popular RPG games like Fable, your action during the game will affect your ending and amount of side quests. In Jade Empire, being as a good hero, you normally have to sacrifice some great items such as weapon, money or fighting style that can only be acquired if you try to be mean at a character.

For some reasons, when i play it for the second time as a female heroine, i decided to be mean, evil and cold-blooded to each characters that i've met, including my followers, of course. It turns out that it was quite funny, especially the dialogues that the game let me choose. For example;

There was a side quest which related to triangle love. A man who named Bei is engaged with a woman named Chai Lin. However, another woman, Ai Lin, who is a leader of gangsters is in love with Bei. After learning that Bei is engaged with Chai Lin, Ai Lin confronted with Bei to force him marries her. So, Bei asked me to help him solve the trouble without attempting a bad deed.

I brought both of the engaged couple to meet Ai Lin in her hideout. As an evil heroine, i suggested the girls should fight with one another, the winner gets Bei. The girls agreed but Bei was not. In the end, Ai Lin killed Chai Lin on purpose, which leaded Bei to hated her, then Ai Lin defended herself and accidentally killed Bei. Ai Lin pushed everything back to me. Eventually, we all ended up killing each other XD

If i did it in angelic way, Ai Lin would ask me to find another good man for her, lol.

It wasnt really that good if i keep being as an evil character, because some of my followers will turn on me and i've to kill them. However, some of them might also get killed by random accidents if i didnt protect them that well.

Only one of my follower died during my first played, get stabbed in the heart by a stronger enemy. Still, he died in the name of loyalty. He was trying to protect me to pay a debt of gratitude for trusting him all the way long from beginning 'till end. I wonder what will happen if i distrust him? Wait and see...

There was only one thing that is different from Mass Effect, you cant have sex, but you could gain a romance relationship with other characters, depending on how polite and generous you are.

Anyway, Jade Empire is a great game to play, no wonder why they said Bioware is a good game company. Too bad for those PlayStation owners, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so GLAD that Bioware only for PC and Xbox360. MUAHAHA!

Yea, JE father of ME but son to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I suddenly wanted to try all Bioware games. XD I LOL when Ai Lin have to kill all!

I do have 3 good characters, and 3 bad character in ME. But still my bad character not really completely bad though. I got a female one, which bad but now turning good in some point. 不忍心 to see my favourite crew sad and angry though.

Even game can test human's emotion and mental. BIOWARE really did good in games. Damn! ME3 come in around 2011 ~ 2013. So long!

Deric Adrian said...

There's one game which is AWESOME for PS3 only, called "HEAVY RAIN". It was born from my most favourite company. Go check out the walkthrough on Youtube, very reality, it looks like the new version of "The Sim" with actions, and i was so connected to the story, it makes my feeling so depress after what happened to the character.

Anyway, it's 2 times more funnier if you heard their conversation rather than read my post, lol. They should add the Xbox Natal function to the 3rd game of ME, it would be so much fun.